Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Louis Vuitton Trashbag Purse For $2000 Is All Sorts Of Ridiculous


Well, this is ridiculous. Remember the ugliness that was Louis Vuitton spring '10? Here's the latest accessory to hit the market: The "Raindrop Besace" purse that retails for a jaw-dropping $1960. To be fair, perhaps Marc Jacobs was going for that whole postmodernist thing about reappropriating culturally base materials and turning them into status symbols and whatever—but when you boil it all down, it's still just a trash bag with a leather handle that costs as much as a month's worth of rent. If you're kooky enough to purchase one yourself, just remember the words of sage, Pauly D: "And in walks this girl with like garbage bags. I thought that was kinda like ghetto, and like...weird." Our thoughts, exactly. (Trend Hunter)

Posted using ShareThis
Reblogged from: Refinery 29

1 comment:

  1. That has got to be the worst Louis Vuitton bag I've seen. I have some at home which I even store carefully using purse hooks since I only use them for special occasions. I'll definitely pass on this one.

    ReplyDelete